Application deadline: Thursday, Sept. 26
PERFORMERS WANTED! Become a professional partier on my Drinking Game Concert tour.
I’m looking for a performer/partier to join me on my 2013 tour. I have a live concert that’s also an interactive party know as a Power Hour. I perform 60 catchy, one-minute songs and every time I change the music, the audience cheers and drinks together. It’s a concert. It’s a game. It’s a party. It’s freakin’ sweet.
I raised $40,000 from my fans to take this gamepartyshow on tour. I’ll be hitting 30 cities across the US over two months on the Freedom Victory Tour. I need someone exceptionally cool to join me on this crazy journey.
Do you give exceptional high fives? Can you make complete strangers feel awesome about themselves? Can you get large groups of people to let loose using only your enthusiasm?
I’m looking for a performer to fill the roll of host/party catalyst/hype man (or woman). During the concert you’ll be on stage and off, engaging the audience and helping to get the crowd loosened up and excited. The role is open to a wide range of performers from comedians to improvisers, YouTubers to musicians. (Depending upon your talent, you could also be the opening act or afterparty performer.)
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- High fiving
- Building beeramids
- Blowing into empty bottles
- Starting kicklines
- Keeping track of what minute we’re on
- Fist pumping
- Selling merch
- Being awesome for me to hang out with for two months
I’m not saying I’m necessarily looking for a bubbly cheerleader. More like a beerleader. It’s totally great if you’re a sharp comedian, sarcastic vlogger or offbeat improviser as long as you’re open and thrilled to make a party happen.
Make a video that explains why you and your talent will make this show and tour amazing. Show me that we should party across the US for two months together! (Feel free to include footage from a performance reel that showcases your abilities.)
Email a YouTube link to casting [at] powerhouralbum [dot] com along with your name, age, phone number and a short paragraph about yourself. You may also include a resume, website, and social profile links if applicable. Deadline to apply is Sept. 26, 2013.
***Application deadline: Thursday, Sept. 26***
- Comedians: Have you performed standup at festivals? Made TV appearances?
- Improvisers: Have you worked with places like Second City and iO? Perform with a house team?
- YouTubers: Do you have a popular vlog? Do you make funny videos?
- Musicians: Drummer? Guitarist? Tambourinist? Show me what you can add to the music aspect of the show. Your role as musician could be for some or all of the songs.
- Actors: Have you done sketches at UCB? Made comedy videos on online?
- Hosts: Have you been the MC for live or webcasted events? Do you host a popular podcast?
- DJs: Do you have fans of your DJing? Show me how your DJ skills will add to the Drinking Game Concert.
- Something kickbutt I hadn’t considered: What rad thing do you bring to the party that I didn’t even think about?
- Compensation: This is a paid role with competitive pay for special skills
- Travel fun: This is an opportunity unlike any other. You’ll see the nation and have some unbelievably unique experiences.
- A new buddy: Me!
- Booze: Duh.
- Social media growth: I have over 700,000 followers on Twitter and I’ll help you to build your online presence, too. If you’ve already got a great social media following, that’s even better! We’ll help each other to grow even bigger.
- Career exposure: There are lots of people excited for this tour and they will be excited for your existence once you are a part of the show. Depending upon your talent, this tour can be as much yours as it is mine. Open the show with your standup? DJ a set after the Power Hour? If you’re a YouTube star, this tour would be a great way to meet your online fans in person. This tour will allow both of us to grow our careers with exposure online and off.
- 21+: You don’t have to be a big drinker but you have to be ok with being surrounded by big drinkers
- Enjoy driving: I suck at driving. We’ll be driving across the country and you’ll have to be ok with helping.
Deadline to apply is Sept. 26, 2013. We will be touring from Oct. 15 – Nov. 27. Depending upon your skill set, we may meet before that for rehearsals.
Males and females; all ethnicities; nationwide
Since we’re going to be two-feet-from-each-others-faces-for-two-months buddies, a huge part of this will require us to get along as humans not just perform well together. I’ll be emailing the performers with the best submissions to set up in-person callbacks. You’ll be able to showcase your talent live and we’ll also spend some time hanging out to see if we could cross the nation together. We should probably get a beer.
By sending in your materials, you’re allowing me the right to use them for any purpose.